Company History


Photonic Systems, Inc. (PSI) was founded by Dr. Charles H. Cox in 1999 to address the need for low-cost, high-performance analog fiber-optic links and components, as well as to provide engineering consulting services to government and industrial customers seeking expert advice in photonic system design. Over the years, PSI’s professional staff has grown to include microwave photonic industry pioneers from acclaimed research institutions including MIT Lincoln Laboratory, and from renowned companies such as Alcatel, Axsun, Bose, Coretek, Covega, GE, Lasertron, Lucent, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon. Today, PSI is a recognized leader in the field of microwave photonics technology, components, and systems offering a wide array of products and services to customers in defense, communications, homeland security, scientific research and government.


Major Company Milestones


1999                       PSI is founded by Dr. Charles H. Cox in February

1999                       Dr. Edward Ackerman from MIT Lincoln Labs joins PSI in August

2000                       Company relocates to Burlington, MA

2000                       PSI receives first major government sponsored research program: RFLICS

2001                       Sales of first standard modulator bias controller product called PSI-0202

2002                       Release of first standard microwave photonic link product line PSI-1600

2004                       PSI moves to larger facility in Billerica, MA

2004                       PSI wins contract to provide microwave optical links for SETI’s Allen Telescope Array

2009                       PSI opens engineering office in Escondido, CA

 

HOME  |  PRODUCTS |  SERVICES  |  R & DCOMPANY  |  NEWS  |  CONTACT |  SITE MAP        
2013 PHOTONIC SYSTEMS, INC. .